BMW Free Tarot Reading Course 2018
The Tarot cards are not a prerequisite in learning Witchcraft. We receive so many emails asking for advice on learning the tarot. Questions ranging from “how do I choose a tarot card deck?” to “How do I do a tarot card spread”, and most frequently, “What does (xyz) tarot card mean?”
So I decided to share with you our system of reading the cards.There are seventy-eight cards divided into two distinct sets: The Major Arcana, consisting of twenty-two major trumps, and the Minor Arcana, made up of four suits of fourteen, totaling fifty-six individual cards. It is really about understanding the STORY and IMAGES of the cards.
The purpose of this free online tarot course is:
- To understand the overall story or journey of the tarot cards
- To understand the meaning and purpose of all the cards in the tarot deck
- Provide you with a few tarot card spreads so you can begin reading cards on your own or for other people.
- To feel confident in giving your own tarot card readings – for yourself and for others
- A Tarot Card Deck- You will need to work with your own deck
- Tarot Book/s – Optional, as it will be your choice if you want to also work from a book (suggested books are listed below).
- A journal – electronic or paper, it will be up to you
Suggested Study Time:
I believe you should schedule time in your diary RIGHT NOW for your tarot study. If you don’t schedule the time, it will not happen. I suggest you choose one of the following study plans:
- 2 hours once a week
- 1/2 hr x 4 days per week
Once you have scheduled your tarot study time, let’s continue!
If you can focus on taking the time to connect with the cards BEFORE you buy books or HOW TO guides, then you will become more connected and relate to the cards FASTER.
Suggestions on books:
You don’t have to buy a book for this course. In fact we suggest you don’t. You will need a standard deck of tarot cards, if you don’t already have some. Recommended basic tarot card decks for beginners are:
- Rider-waite Tarot Deck By Pamela Colman Smith
- Robin Wood Tarot By Robin Wood
- Morgan-greer Tarot Deck By Greer Morgan
- Tarot Bible By Sarah Bartlett
- Complete Book Of Tarot Spreads By Burger & Fiebig
I hope your enjoy this 12 week course, and will give me some feedback on what I missed, or perhaps, what requires more detail.
Teachers: Raven & Edwin
Contributors: Blonde Gypsy & BW Savannah
“If our minds are glorious mansions,
and our spirits are the surrounding landscape,
then the Tarot is a doorway
revealing a wide realm of ever-increasing
beauty, insight, and mystical experience.”
Week 10 – Tarot Spreads Part 1
Week 12 – Some Basic Guidelines for Giving Tarot Readings
Resources & Links:
External Websites to Reference:
Tarot Card Meanings & Readings – external website