2019 Sabbats, LHP Dates, Moon Phases
- BWS’s Birthday!
- Imbolc – the midway point between Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox. This day honors the Brigid, (Brighid), the goddess of fertility, fire and healing.
- Lughnassadh aka Lammas – (Southern Hemisphere) – it’s time to celebrate the first harvest of the year, and recognize that the hot summer days will soon come to an end.
- Dark Moon – a night of stillness, contemplation and banishment. The only types of spell work that should be done on the Dark Moon is banishment work or curses/hexes. The Dark Moon is also ideal for all types of divination, as well as working with the departed.
- Lunar New Year – the new Lunar Year begins in the sign of the Boar (Pig) in the element of the of Earth.
Feb 7 or 8
- New Moon: “Witches Moon”
- Full Moon: “Snow Moon” – Super Moon! This magically potent moment of the month is ideal for smudging your home with Juniper to welcome to happiness, Rosemary to protect your family, Lavender to bless and Roses to awaken the love within.
March 5th – 28th
- Mercury Retrograde, with the final post-shadow ending on April 16th.
- St Patrick’s Day
- Ostara The Spring Equinox
- May Day/Beltane
- Samhain (SH)
Bellona Festival – June 3
New Moon – June 13
Asatru Alliance Founding Day – June 19
Summanus Festival – June 20
- Litha – Summer Solstice
- Yule – Winter Solstice (SH) 1
Day of Bad Omens – June 23
Lammas or Harvest Eve July 31st This holiday celebrates the first harvest.
Feast of Mabon September 21st The Autumn equinox has arrived. On the Wiccan calendar, we celebrate the celebration of the birth of Mabon, the son of Mordon, the Goddess of the earth. It is also the harvest festival.
- New Years Day – This is New Years on the Druid calendar.
- Samhain /All Hallow’s Eve. The wall between earth and the underworld is thin at this time of year. On Halloween night, the wall opens. Samhain, the Lord of Darkness, rises from the underworld. He roams the world looking for lost souls.
- Winter Solstice /Yule. This is the shortest day of the year. And, conversely, the longest night. Witches and warlocks celebrate the birth of the Sun God, as from this point forward the days get longer.
- Lucifer’s most Important Day of the year, when the Sun is one degree into Capricorn. The day following the beginning of the Winter Solstice is his Personal Day, which should be observed by every dedicated Satanist.
* To Be Confirmed
Llewellyn’s 2018 Sabbats Almanac – Samhain 2017 to Mabon 2018