St. Jude is an official Catholic saint, the patron saint of lost causes. St. Jude is traditionally the saint to turn to when all other options have failed and where one is desperate and in need of a miracle.
May be used to call for help in any situation.
Tips For Working With St. Jude
- St. Jude’s colors are green, white, and red.
- St. Jude’s numbers when offering him small items are one or three.
- St. Jude’s day of the week is Sunday.
- St. Jude’s feast day is October 28.
- St. Jude’s favorite offerings are water, candles, incense, coins, and flowers.
St. Jude cannot be used in black magic and he is too loving and kind to destroy one’s enemies. He can be used to call upon protection against one’s enemies. When doing such St. Jude, in my experience, seems to act to confuse their minds, make them “dopey”, make them act “goofy” where they can’t think straight. St. Jude will not do any bodily harm to people.
To petition St. Jude
- an image of him, either a statue or a picture of him. If one is using a novena candle then this is not necessary. One will need a green or white candle, again if one is using a novena then an additional candle is not necessary.
- St. Jude, Holy Oil, or Olive Oil,
- St. Jude or Frankincense Incense,
- a glass of water
- a coin, preferably a shiny new penny.
- Cleanse the workspace with Florida Water, rubbing alcohol, or whisky, prior to setting up the space.
- Fix the candle and set it down.
- Light it and the incense.
- Place a glass of water for the saint down and then place the coin in front of the candle.
One will then either pray from the heart or pray a standard pray such as the one below:
“Most Holy Apostle St. Jude, Faithful Servant And Friend Of Jesus. I Am So Helpless And Alone. I Implore You To Bring Visible And Speedy Help And Come To My Assistance In This Great Need. I Will Be Ever Mindful Of This Great Favor, To Always Honor You As My Special And Powerful Patron. (State Petition And One’s Vow) Amen.”
- You will pray this daily for 9 days.
- The most common vow made to St. Jude is either the taking an ad out in the newspaper to spread his fame or the giving of money to charity.
- At the end of the 9 days and after the candle has extinguished itself then one can place the left-over items into the empty novena candle glass and take it to the crossroads and then walk away and don’t look back.
- If St. Jude grants your request then you need to fulfill your end of the bargain and honor your vow. St. Jude is slow to anger so if there are delays in fulfilling your vow he will most likely be forgiving.
- If St. Jude works for you then you should tell at least one other person to help spread his fame.