Releasing Something or Someone….
so you can move on
Recovering from Heart break or a difficult situation is never easy. Obsessive thoughts keep you in a zombie like state, where you are unable to move on and/or enjoy new opportunities. Sometimes magic will assist to fast-track your healing timeline.
Consider working with the following correspondences with your healing from heart break spells:
Days for Healing: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Moon Phase: Waning
Time of Day: Midnight
Element: Air & Fire
Colors: Black, Purple
- St John’s wort
- Blood root
For healing after:
- Lemon Balm
Gems & Stones:
Most popular stones and gems:
- Aventurine, Calcite, Garnet, Jade, Lapis Lazuli, Morganite, Rose Quartz, Topaz (blue)
BMW Recommended: Jasper (Dragon Blood)
Jasper, Dragon Blood Stone is thought to promote patience and stimulate perception and personal power. It is believed to “dissolve” sadness or sorrow, self-pity, grief, and is thought to dispel critical tendencies and closed-mindedness.
- 1 Lb Jasper, Ocean Tumbled Stones
- Lotus Red Jasper Gemstone Pendant
- 1 Lb Jasper, Green Leopard Skin Tumbled Stones
- ; Jasper, Dragon Blood Egg
- 4mm Red Jasper Stretch Bracelet
- 40mm Jasper, Red Sphere
- Jasper, Brecciated Heart
BMW Tip: Buy some Onyx– Wear or carry on yourself to protect from dangers, misfortune, this healing symbol also brings courage and strength. Increases spiritual wisdom and dispels negative energy, and to control passionate desires.
- Demeter, Hecate, Kali, Sedna
- Apollo,Cotote, Dionysus, Ea, Zeus
- Papa Legba
Removing that HeartBreak from your Life
In the Hoodoo or Conjure tradition, there is magic called “Cut & Clear” designed for the purpose of removing a toxic person (situation) from your life! You know it is time to cut and clear when you can’t seam the break free from thinking about that person OR that person keeps returning to your life. These people and thoughts destroy your state of mind and leave you obsessing over what could be!
Typically the cut and clear range of products include:
- Baths/Washes (see the recipe for cut and clear bath salts below)
D.I.Y Cut and Clear Salt
You will need oils not herbs, mixing the following:
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 5 drops each your choice of lemongrass oil, lemon or melissa oil
- 5 drops of (your choice) – rue or rosemary oil.
Herbs used for removing toxic people include:
- Lemon Verbena
Some people also consider these products to do the same work:
- Van Van
- Separation Products
- Bon Voyage
- A fresh egg (uncooked of course)
A popular curio for cut and clear is the Black Walnut. Where I grew up in Sydney Australia, a Black Walnut was a nut to be avoided, as the nut was old, rotted, and typically laying on the ground. Black Walnuts for magic are different.
These magical Black walnuts come from a specific type of North American/American walnut tree called Juglans nigra, “the eastern black walnut.”
Black walnuts have amazing health benefits too, but for now we are focusing in the magical uses!
Get Over a Toxic Person Spiritual Bath Spell
Source: Black Witch Coven
Firstly, stop trying to be friends with the person! If you are done, then be done with having the person around you in any capacity at all. Just stop it! Ensure they are not in your social media, and through out any personal times you have kept. These are all links and ties!
Psychologically, if you can’t process the pros and cons in your mind (as it is hard to do when the target has highjacked your brain), you need to make a list of the good and the bad. Yes yes yes….boring for some, but this is therapy 101. I like to write the numbers 1 to 10 down one side of the page, draw a line down the centre of the page, and write 1 to 10 again. Now ensure there are 10 pros and 10 cons. BE REAL – don’t lie to yourself. No one else will see this list, and you know there were some good things about this person or you wouldn’t be hanging on …right?
Are you ready to let go? Maybe you need to get closure first? Only you have these answers. If you want to clear them, then continue.
Forget Them with a home made Black Walnut Spiritual Bath.
I prefer to do banishing work on a Saturday night, using the power and energy of Saturn, however this is witchcraft and not conjure, so do as you like.
NOTE – you may wish to read this in its entirety before beginning.
You will need:
- black walnuts
- Parchment paper (if your grocer gives you a brown paper bag then you have perfect parchment paper)
- Figure candle of the target (write their name in the wax) – use a normal black taper candle if you can’t get a figure candle
Begin by preparing the wash.
- 9 black walnuts (These are a health food too, so grab a bag)
- How to get the shell dark? Boil them in water until you see the color change. Remove the walnuts.
- Keep a few cups of the water.
- Run a bath and mentally prepare for the cleanse
- Pour in the black walnut wash
TIP – If you like to naturally dye your clothes, or do some t-shirt dying craft, use the remaining water. I would paint wax on my t-shirts in some design, then place the t-shirt in the naturally dyed water. Fabulous and personalized t-shirts!
Prepare your petition
- Light incense or room lighting candles to get you into the best magical state of mind.
- On the paper, write the TARGETS name – mindfully (meaning you know that you only want to write this name for the last time.)
- Light the Figure candle, and put the petition under the candle (make sure it won’t get wet)
- Get in the bath, and visualise the relationship toxins straining from your body and into the water
- Call to your deity for assistance and state your goal “To Forget about ___________ forever” etc.
- Pour the water over your head (I visualize my body in sections, and pour water down each section. Typically for me, that means 3 section at the front (left side, middle, right side) 3 sections to the back, and 1 to 2 sections down each arm. I ensure my entire body is covered.) Keep saying your desires with passion, and have the desire to have the target removed from your life. Do this purposefully.
- Pick up the candle and the petition – set the petition alight, and state in your own words something like: “May the power of fire take you from my life eternally.”
- Pull out the plug (if you haven’t already), and throw the candle and the petition in the water, visualizing the target forever gone and see their toxic energy drain from the tub.
- AIR DRY – It’s a conjure thing. You may need to get dressed if you have other people around.
- Collect all the used spell products – nuts, candle, paper etc, a toss them in a trash can OFF your property. This is my modern suggestion, as you may not have a “cross roads” available to bury the remains if you live in a city or residential area!
- Now – if that is enough, GO DO SOMETHING FUN. If you need more, continue to the next spell.
FAQ – What if I don’t have (can’t obtain) Black Walnuts?
– I suggest you use Separation wash or something of this nature in the bath
Source: Black Witch Coven
Full Moon Release Spell
Credit: Black Witch Coven
It is recommended this spell be done during the full moon (a day before or after is ok too).
Check your local lunar calendar to find out the exact time of the full moon if you wish.
This Full Moon Releasing Ritual has been simplified to be accessible to beginners.
You Will Need
- EARTH — soil/sand/crystal,
- FIRE— candle,
- AIR— feather/incense,
- WATER — in a bowl or a glass
- Something to symbolize the moon – “I use a crystal sphere, but it could be a picture, the moon tarot card, statue of a moon goddess, whatever you like. It could even be another candle.” – Blonde Gypsy, BWC
- Ritual Candle, carve or write targets name on it, and a plate to put it or the holder on – I like white or silver for the full moon, but it really doesn’t matter as long as it’s separate from the representation of the fire element. AND MATCHES, don’t forget the matches!
- List of pros and cons from above
- Bowl to burn paperOptional extras: anointing oil – something that represents the full moon, crystals to grid your space/altar, sacred robes and jewellery, tweezers or small tongs, anything that helps you create a sacred space and any tools you might regularly use in a ritual.
- First bring everything you are going to use into your chosen space.
- Shower or bathe stating your intent to cleanse and dedicate yourself to the ritual you are about to perform, verbally. It can be as simple as “I’m preparing my body for the ritual ahead” while you’re doing that imagine a shower of white light cleansing your light/aura/ethereal body. Dress in your chosen attire.
- Cleanse and dedicate your space. Smudge your area including yourself and the tools you have gathered and again, verbally state/explain what you are doing “I cleanse and dedicate this space and everything in it to the ritual ahead” If you want to give a shout out to every item, have at it, I would. I’m just trying to keep this as inclusive and as simple as I can.
- Call in each element and dedicate the item you have chosen to represent it. For example, hold the item aloft saying, “I call in the element of fire” then place it on your altar and light the candle. Hold the next item aloft and say, “I call in the element of water” place your water on the altar, then the same with Earth and Air.
- Hold your representation of the moon high and breathe deeply. Visualise the spirit/energy/goddess of the moon filling your item with power until it is saturated. Then place it on your altar saying something like “I welcome the great spirit of the moon. I am honoured by your presence and am grateful for lending me your power and guidance”
- Now grab your inscribed ritual candle and hold it in both hands, (if you are anointing the candle do that now.)
“I dedicate this candle to targets name. To everything that has come and gone, helped or hindered and brought pleasure or pain.”
Then light the candle and place it on your altar.
- Review the targets pro and con list from the previous spell.
- Tear the list in half so that you now have two lists.
- Start with the PRO list. As you review each positive aspect of the target, say “Cut and Clear” and set the paper alight, and let burn in the bowl. Do the same for each PRO
- Then look at the targets negative aspects. TAKE YOUR TIME AND BE HONEST! What you’re looking for are emotions, situations, or habits that you wish to be rid of. When you think you have them all, condense each one to a single word/phrase. For example, poverty, loneliness, anger, unhealthy-attachment, promiscuity, disease, apathy, fear, predictability, unpredictability, grief, doubt, conflict, toxins, depression. (a thesaurus is useful if you have one handy as they list antonyms) While you can be general, the idea is to banish the toxic emotions this person caused you.
- Pick up the first one (I use tweezers or tongs), take a deep breath and then burn it in the flame of the ritual candle saying something like “With gratitude and conviction, I release TARGETs name as (he/she) no longer serves my highest, best and sacred self…BE GONE”
- The ritual is essentially over. If you have time to just sit in peace and marinade in the moment, do.
- Otherwise, or when you are ready, all that is left is to thank the moon goddess/spirit for her presence and support and the power of the elements for their balance and witness.
- Snuff out the candles and dispose of the ritual candle and ashes by discarding them in flowing water, burying them somewhere away from your home or you can chuck them in the garbage. Just make sure you never see them again. They are gone for your life.
You could now have a Cut & Clear Salt Bath – without the ritual and just enjoy the tub!
Papa Legba Removal Spell
We couldn’t leave out this traditional New Orleans style Vodou ritual, calling to Papa Legba for spiritual assistance.
You will need:
- To begin this spell, use a yellow candle
- A garbage bag
- You will also need some objects that remind you of your problem
- a little bit of rum
- some popcorn sprinkled with cayenne pepper.
- a smooth stone, one you can comfortably grasp in your fist.
- Put the rum, popcorn, and candle on a yellow cloth or on some other surface that appeals to Legba.
- Place the stone, objects, and bag nearby, where you can reach them easily.
- Timing: Author of spell says: “If I gave you a specific time to do this, he would insist on another date altogether—so I’ll save us both the confusion and say that you can do this on any day you wish, so long as you first ask Legba how he wants you to do it.
- Grab the Garbage Bag – and the items to go in the bag would include…..
Let’s say you are trying to forget about an ex who has been on your mind despite your best efforts to forget him or her. You will gather any gifts that he or she gave you and anything you have that reminds you of the times you were together. Now place it in that bag.
If you are trying to overcome a bad habit, you will place things that remind you of that habit in the bag.
If your gambling habit caused your last relationship to break up, you would place a racing form or some old betting tickets in the bag.
If you let other people take advantage of you, you could get a doormat to symbolize your issue.
Use your imagination and be creative. What is important is that you see the symbol as a representation of your problem and that it has meaning to you.
- Now take the stone and grip it firmly. As you do, pour all of your hurt, all of your pain, and all of your anger into that stone. All the suffering this problem has caused you, all the misery you remember from that relationship, is going into that stone.
- When your hand aches, when sweat is beading on your brow, and when there’s no more negativity to be pumped into that stone, you can let go of it. Now dump it into the bag along with the things you placed in there before. As you do, feel that suffering leaving you. It is now trapped in this stone, where it cannot affect you anymore.
- Light the candle.
- Sprinkle a few drops of rum on the floor and invite Papa Legba in. Tell him that you have a special gift for him.
- Present him with the cayenne-covered popcorn. “If you want to include something else—a little sweet candy, some Red Hots, a corncob pipe, and some tobacco—feel free.” – Kenaz Filan
- Put this in the bag along with your problems and your stone.
- Tie the bag tightly, so that nothing you have put in it can escape. “As you tie that bag, you are placing all those things in Papa Legba’s realm, in the space between our world and the world of spirit.” – Kenaz Filan
- Take the bag to a garbage can located at a crossroads, and dump it there. As you do, say,
“Here you go, Papa Legba. It’s all yours.
Take it away from me. I don’t want it anymore.
Do whatever you want with it,
but please make sure it doesn’t come back to me.”
- Now turn around, and don’t look behind your shoulder. Go home by a different route than the one you took, all the while looking forward. When you get back, take a shower or bath and change your clothes.
“Of course, this is not a cure-all. Legba may take your problem away
from you. He may close the door on your problem and open the way
to a new and better future—but it will be up to you to pass through
that door. Now that you have given Legba your problem, you will need
to take some time to fix the damage that the problem caused. Join a
twelve-step group; see a therapist; take some time to heal from your
broken heart. Make positive steps toward positive changes. You’ve been
freed of a burden. What you do with that new freedom is up to you.”