Goldenrod or solidago virgaure and also known as woundwort, aaron’s rod, or herb of joy. Originated in europe and is a member of the daisy family.
Uses for health:
- goldenrod is a diuretic – make a weight loss tea
- used to fight fungal and yeast infections. It can be used as a mouthwash or douche if needed.
- This has a history of being used topically for excess body fluid.
- used as a tea by Native Americans to relieve cramps and for general anti-inflammatory purposes.
- The leaves may be chewed to relieve sore throat and other mouth sores and the root to relieve a toothache.
Uses for magic:
Keywords: lucky, money, prosperity
In magic, it may be a strong addition to money and divination work.
If you wear or carry goldenrod for a day, the next day you will cross paths with your true love. Give him or her some goldenrod tea to seal the deal.
Goldenrod flowers can be used in wealth spells and money drawing sachets and planted on your property or placed in a vase inside your home to attract wealth and good fortune.
Cut for with a woody scent to be stored in an airtight container in a cool dark place.
Common and folk names for goldenrod
Aaron’s rod, blue mountain tea, Goldruthe, Gonea tea, Solidago, Vergd’Or, Wound weed, woundwort, Bohea tea