Candles are one of the common materials used during offerings and rituals. Candles symbolize protection against unwanted energies. They come in different sizes, shapes and colors. The color of the candle used for each ritual is important because each color has a different meaning. Before the commencement of some rituals, the candles to be used are often anointed with oil.
FORM OF DRESSING A CANDLE WITH OIL
- Locate the middle part of the candle.
- Brush the thumb of your hand that you usually use (right, left) with anointing oil or olive oil.
- Rub the oil on the candle from the center to the wick (positive part), then from the center to the base (negative part)
- While performing this dressing operation, the rite officiant should be concentrated on the problem or issue at hand.
Although, we have already explained that for the success of a ritual you have to dress the candle, but note that you can also use undressed candles if the urgency of the ritual requires it.
FOUR TYPES OF CANDLES USED IN EACH RITUAL
There are different types of candles, but the most common are:
- The altar candles
- The offering candles
- The astral candles
- The candles of the day
- The candles of the altar: Used exclusively in ritual ceremonies. They are two long candles, one black and one white placed on the altar at all times. Located on the two back corners, they will always be switched on before any other.
- Offering candles: These are the candles of the different symbolic colors. The color of candle to be used is dependent on the purpose of the ritual. For example; pink candles are used to recover the love and sweetness in a relationship while green is used for healing.
- 3. The astral or zodiacal candles: They are chosen according to the date of birth of the person. Aries – Red; Taurus – Green; Gemini – Yellow; Cancer – White; Leo – Orange; Virgo – Marron; Libra – Rosa; Scorpion – Red; Sagittarius – Purple; Capricorn – Dark Green; Aquarium -Blue ; Pisces – Lilac or Green Sea.
- The candles of the day: They are used in all the rituals and they depend on the day in which they are made. Place them on the right, in front of the altar.
PRECAUTIONS WHEN USING CANDLES IN RITUALS
- In performing magic with candles nothing is left to chance, so you must choose properly the day, the time, the planet, astrological sign, or protective saint. Be aware that this isn’t a game so you must be cautious.
- You must be aware of the planetary time and date of the place where you live.
- You should be aware of the reasons for the ritual before lighting a candle.
- When lighting the candle use matches, preferably.
- Do not extinguish the candle by blowing it as you might be burning your inner breath in the flame. Do not use your fingers either. Use an extinguisher.
- It is very important to use the right color for a particular spell.
- If you do not have candles of a specific color you can use a white candle, because it contains all the colors, but never the other way around.
DIFFERENT COLORS OF CANDLES AND THEIR USES
BLACK: Symbolizes death, dullness, evil, etc.
- Meditation rituals, spell work, ritual spoilers
- Disperse negative energies to targets
- Used to eliminate evil entities and send it back to the sender.
- For magic that implies honor, loyalty, peace, tranquility, truth, wisdom, protection during sleep.
- For astral projection and spells to induce prophetic dreams.
- It is an unlocking candle that drives economic development and peace.
- They are used for magic related to love, friendship, health, protection, money, peace, etc.
- Spells to locate lost objects
- Improve power of concentration and telepathy
- Protection of relatives and pets
- To locate a lost friend, item or pets
- To get good customers, increase sales and protect ones business
GOLD: This symbolizes wealth.
- Ritual to attract sales in business and money
- Spells to attract the cosmic power and ritual forces, in honor of the solar divinities.
- For prosperity
- Used for fertility, success, good luck, prosperity, money and rituals to fight against greed and jealousy.
It is another candle used for prosperity, gambling, healing and health
- For spells that stimulate energy and provide mental clarity
- Spells related to solar power
- Promotes sexual activity and material love.
- It is used to get energy to fight against rivals
- Reduces depression
- For psychic manifestations, healings and spells that imply power, success, independence and protection of the home.
- Contact with the world of spirits.
- Wisdom and greatness of the human soul
- The black with the purple represent death.
- Spells that imply sexual passion, love, lust, health, physical strength, revenge, anger, courage and magnetism
- Increases sexuality, fertility
- Protect against the deceptions of love
- It can help the depressed, sad and melancholy patients to get out of that state.
It represents hatred, lust, war and danger.
SILVER: Represents the goddess, prosperity, stability
- Used for spells and rituals to eliminate negativity and clean up bad vibrations.
- Acts against envy and invisible evil like Sicobolia (Evil Eye).
- It stimulates the stability and attracts the beneficial influences of the Goddess.
WHITE: It symbolizes purity, inspiration, faith, truth, etc.
- Used for rituals of consecration, meditation, divination, exorcism and for truth, peace and spiritual strength spells.
- Increases knowledge and helps solve unsolved spiritual cases.
- It is used to ask for protection and seek harmony
- This can be used to replace the other colors
YELLOW: It symbolizes order, logic and common sense
- For spells related to trust, attraction, persuasion, devotion and happiness.
- It is a candle that seeks clarity.
- Promotes economic development.
- It favors spiritual and platonic love.
- Brings good luck.
- It is a candle of transmutation.
- It prevents adverse situations or difficult requests in your favor.
- Grants the most fervent desires.
- Spells to neutralize the influences that could be negative.