The Black Magic Witch 2020 Gem, Crystal, and Stone List
We are currently updating this list.
Click on the name to be taken to an example of the stone/gem/crystal. BMW is also creating a few individual pages of the stones we love and use, so if you want us to research or discuss our use of a specific stone, please make a comment below!
- Amazonite – has amazing smoothing healing powers that may help with physical ailments, emotional issues, chakra balancing, stress, traumas, the aura, heart, and the nerves.
- Agate – Inscribing a curse in carnelian agate a certain way sets it in stone. It is most often used this way to curse someone who robs a grave or otherwise invades a space a witch does not wish disturbed. It can also be used to create a plague of rats in a certain area. This is sometimes done under the cover of protecting a place from serpents.
- Banded Agate has long been associated with Fire and energy and in magical practices is often used to help restore the body’s natural energies and to ease stressful situations.
- Blue Lace Agate is really part of its many benefits. This crystal can assist us in bringing us back to our natural state of joy. Ease the pain and confusion of everyday life, as this will help heal and open up or energy channels to unconditional love. Anxiety relief and helpful in social situations. Sold by weight only mostly consisting of medium to larger stones.
- Botswana Agate, is believed to remove doubt, create tranquility, change in positive ways, it is a comforting stone with many positive properties, also known to help overcome addiction, self destruction, and compulsive behaviors, success and more.
- Feather Agate is an amazing stone with many depths and layers created from fossils. The single cell organism is related to amoebas, which are from a period millions of years ago. Named feather agate due to the amazing feather like structures within the Agate. May help with self-acceptance, confidence, speaking your truth, negativity and anger.
- Red Agate Great stone for mental function as well as being a soothing and calming stone
- Tree Agate has been associated with wealth and prosperity for centuries. Tree agate will bring you closer to nature and may assist with good luck, protection from energy vampires, inner peace, and fullness to all areas of your life.
Alexandrite – Can cause obsession or over-focus on something the person who enchants it chooses. The person can become delusional.
Amethyst – encourages inner peace, spiritual protection and purification, clears energy field. Can be used to induce oversensitivity and self infliction of traumas. Basically, it can cause your enemies to self destruct. It is especially effective on bullies and sadistic people.
Angelite – Sometimes used as a “weapon” by mischievous spirits. By abiku (“lost” spirits of children) in particular, sometimes used as weapons against themselves so that they may die young again. These should be kept away from infants, young sickly children, and pregnant women who have lost children in the past.
- Aquamarine – is the “stone of the Sea Goddess” with its element being water. The properties include strengthening psychic powers, cleansing, purification, soothing and calming of emotions, peace, joy and happiness. This is a protective stone especially while traveling over water. In healing it may assist with toothaches, and worn as a charm to ensure good health. Aquamarine is a receptive stone with its planet being the Moon.
Astrophyllite – If someone has offended the Ancestors in some way, or killed someone dear to you, this stone can be charged to cause the dead to torment them until they die or at least go nuts.
- Asterite – The appearance of a serpentine is like that of a snake, hence it is named so. There is also an ancient belief associated with it which states that it provides protection from snakes and its venom. It usually comes in green, black-green, brown-yellow and white colors. It is an earthing stone which opens up new pathways for Kundalini energy.
- Aventurine – activates, clears and protects the heart, helps one to attract love
- Green Aventurine is the stone of luck and is a powerful good luck charm while gambling. It has the power to assist in eyesight issues, money, peace and healing. Aventurine has a projective energy and resonates with the planet Mercury and the element of Air.
- Axinite crystal, a wonderful crystal that can be used to ground energy and help transform negative energies into positive.
- Azurite – It has a strong spiritual action that will stimulate psychic gifts such as clairvoyance, channeling and intuition.
- Black Kyanite – clears blocked energies, grounding and energizing, accesses past lives
- Black Tourmaline – clears the chakras, encourages confidence, increases success and love
- Bloodstone – removes blocks, reduces emotional & physical stress, strengthens root chakra
- Blue Calcite – stimulates psychic abilities, soothes emotional body, stimulates dreams
- Blue Kyanite – removes unwanted energies, has a high vibration, opens psychic channels
- Blue Lace Agate – soothes emotions, aids communication, expands consciousness
- Bornite (peacock ore) -one of the strongest healing stones, see and accept Joy
- Carnelion – activates lower chakras, brings in life force energies, more passion in life
- Citrine – attracts wealth, clarity of thought, enhance creativity
- Clear Quartz – energy amplifier, can be programmed with your Intent, spiritual awareness
Diamond – Can be used to create blindness, physical or spiritual, confusion, and disorientation. It is often given as a gift when someone wishes to obscure their true intentions and shady activities.
Diopside, Star – Opens doors that people may want to keep closed. Can cause people to reveal information that can be used against them. Lowers inhibitions. Do not look directly into the cross of a diopside worn as a pendant or that is on someone’s left ring finger.
Dumortierite – Dumortierite can be used to open or enhance your psychic connection and intuitive abilities. It facilitates linkage with the Divine Mind and assists you in receiving Divine guidance. It helps with higher vision and inspiration and can help you see beyond obstacles. It creates and opening for prophetic dreams.
Emerald – opens heart chakra, open self to Love, brings in harmony, enhances dreams. Can cause insane levels of greed and selfishness, and isolation. It can be used by someone who wants others to be jealous of them or feel eclipsed by them undeservedly.
Flint – Can be used to cause conflicts or as a weapon.
Fossilized Shark Teeth – The petrified remains of predatory animals are quite often used in aggressive magick. Shark teeth can give someone a sickness of constant hunger or increase their vulnerability when they are in the water.
Garnet – Sometimes used by vampires and others of similar interest, to draw energy or victims. Often seen in the form of a large garnet ring worn on the index finger, or a large garnet pendant that rests on the solar plexus.
Goshenite –Gets people to reveal their secrets or true intentions. Used a certain way, it can unmask them in a way that brings out their worst even though they are basically a decent person. Everyone has a “dark” side.
Hematite – Used for a variety of “underworld” purposes…not necessarily negative. However, powdered, charged, and wiped or blown on one’s enemies is at least casting your vote to send them to Hell
Hyraceum – This fossilized excrement of the hyrax (a cute rodent in Africa) is used in some of the more hard core “love” spells that are more about controlling than love. They are also used by greedy employers against employees who they want to be unable or unwilling to leave and find better work. It can cause someone to be inexplicably locked in place and dependent on approval. Nasty, nasty stuff. Nasty.
Kunzite – Breaker of Babylon, it can remind people of what is really important, but charged to the maximum it will make someone unable to keep their lives together. It can cause someone to be very vulnerable to addictions and other distractions.
Kyanite –Kyanite is believed to gift the wearer with supernatural abilities including foresight, dreams with insightful messages, the ability to meditate deeply, and reaching into the subconscious to discover hidden truths.
- Kunzite – opens heart to the energies of Love, activates Heart Chakra
- Garnet – health, prosperity and productivity, attracts love, strengthens physical & emotional body
- Green Aventurine – clears and helps open the heart chakra, release fears & anxiety, luck
- Green Calcite – emotional balance, releases stress from heart, attunes self to Nature
- Hematite – grounding, balances auric field, aligns chakras, keeps you focused, overcome blocks
- Jade – abundance, promotes flow of money, harmony, promotes longevity, heals scarcity
- Lepidolite – activates 4th – 7th chakra, calms & balanced mental & emotional body
- Lapis – strengthens awareness and ESP, creativity, helps open your full potential
- Magnetite – powerful grounder of any energy, draws negativity out of the body, it is energizing
- Moonstone – intuition, open to guidance from higher beings, connect with energy of the Moon
- Metiorites – Various space stones can be used for various purposes. Their energy is usually very magnetic, and they are often used to increase the speed and intensity of spells. For instance, moldavite in combination with alexandrite can make someone bat-sh*t rather than merely delusional. Pallasite or iron meteorites are good boosters for some war or defense spells.
- Obsidian -– grounding, absorbs negativity and pulls out old energy patterns. A good offensive or defensive stone, it is essentially a weapon. It also adds fire elemental energy. It is for offense when it has an edge, and defense when it is tumbled or ground to be blunt.
- Onyx, Black – Used to cause nightmares, mental torment, and break relationships. If you are married or living with someone, and find stray bits of this around, someone is trying to break you up or get one of you away at least. You can also wear this to defend yourself from the hyraceum mentioned above.
- Opal – Can be used as a container and radiator of negative energy. The person who wishes ill on someone can carry the stone while speaking the curse, and feed it for a time with all of the anger and hostility they have for someone. This is then given to the person as a gift, usually part of jewelry, or hidden in some part of their home.
- Peridot – strong ability to manifest what you desire: health, joy, wealth, opens you to receive
- Pyrite – grounding, increases vitality, creates harmony, connect with energy of the Earth
- Quartz – programmable, supports all chakras, healing & releasing, enhances life force
- Rainbow Obsidian – helps release old loves, releases hooks in the heart
- Red Jasper – strengthens root chakra, increases your life force, activates sexual energy
- Rhodonite – activates and energizes the heart chakra
- Rose Quartz – attracts Love, heals emotional wounds, dissolves blockages to Love
- Ruby – Ruby is used in benevolent magick as a clarifier or purifyer of intent, but it can be used the same way for aggressive or malevolent purposes. It zeroes in on the target or concentrates and aims the intent.
- Sphene – Can be used to cause negative obsessions and extreme depression.
- Smoky Quartz – grounding, protective, aids meditation, relieve depression and tension
- Sodalite – helps one stay focused in the Now, provides insight into Self, aids deep meditation
- Snow Quartz – harmonizes human energy with universal
- Sunstone – able to clear and energize the chakras. dispels fear, protection from negative forces
- Tigers Eye – calming, psychic protector, release fear, aids intuition, attracts abundance