Folk Names: Elf Leaf, Nard, Nardus, Spike
Powers: Love, Protection, Sleep, Chastity, Longevity, Purification, Happiness, Peace
- Lavender has long been used in love spells and sachets.
- Clothing nabbed with the fragrant flowers (or lavender placed in drawers with clothes) attracts love.
- A piece of paper on which you’ve rubbed lavender is excellent for writing love notes.
- The scent of lavender particularly attracts men, and lavender several centuries ago to both advertise their profession as well as to attract (through magic) customers. Lavender also protects against cruel treatment at the hands of a spouse if worn.
- These flowers are also burned or smouldered to induce sleep and rest, and are scattered about the home to maintain its peacefulness.
- The plant is so powerful that, if when depressed one gazes upon the plant, all sorrow will depart and a joyous feeling will settle upon the observer.
- The odor of lavender is conducive to long life, and so should be smelled as often as possible if this is a concern.
- Lavender is also used in healing mixtures, carried to see ghosts, and worn to protect against the evil eye. It is added to purification baths.
Tips & Interesting Facts:
- Despite lavender’s love associations, in the Renaissance it was believed that lavender together with rosemary, if worn, would preserve a woman’s chastity.
- The presence of lavender theoretically empowers any other spell or materials.
- Pin fresh lavender to your underwear; allegedly this renders you sexually irresistible.
- Add essential oil of lavender to final rinse water when washing your underwear; this may be as effective and will certainly be more comfortable.
- Sew herbs into the hem and/or belt of the wedding gown to bring love and romance to the marriage. Favorable herbs include clover, elecampane, lavender, and powdered mistletoe.
- Diffuse essential oil of lavender through an aroma burner to soothe the mother’s fears, welcome the newborn, and stimulate emergence.
- The scent also beckons benevolent fairies.
“Don’t Sabotage My Success Spell”
Are you being set up? Perhaps your boss is unhappy with you or you haven’t received your just rewards because you’ve been maligned and slandered by hostile or jealous co-workers.
Allegedly it will foil any malevolence directed toward you.
Tip – Prepare a separate mojo for each person who appears to sabotage you.
- Write the co-worker’s name on a square of brown paper three times.
- Write your own name over each of the co-worker’s names, saying: “I cross you and I cover you.”
- Anoint the corners of the paper with essential oils of bergamot, clove bud, and lavender.
- Fold up the paper, placing it inside a red flannel drawstring bag, together with a devil’s shoestring root and some cumin seed.
- Maintain this discreetly in the workplace, feeding daily with a drop of essential oil of lavender for reinforcement.
A wish divination
Place lavender under your pillow while thinking of your wish. Do this just prior to retiring for the night. In the morning, if you have dreamt of anything relating to your wish, it will come true. However, if you did not have dreams, or if they were unconnected with your wish, it will not manifest.
Lavender Love Potion
Lavender is one of those interesting substances that may serve as an aphrodisiac—or create the opposite effect. The only way to find out how someone will react is to serve it.
Add fresh lavender to a bottle of white wine. Allow it to steep several hours or overnight, then strain and serve.
Buy Lavender in the store:
Herbs & Oils