- Provides a good nights sleep
- Psychic work
Types of Chamomile
Scott Cunningham in his Encyclopaedia of magical herbs, shares a few styles of chamomile, and each of these styles has a slightly different use.
- Folk Names: Ground Apple, Heermannchen (German) Chamaimelon, Camomyle
- Gender: Masculine
- Planet: Sun
- Element: Water
- Magical Uses:
- German Chamomile is used in calming and sleep incenses and brews.
- It is also used to attract money.
- The sunny nature of German Chamomile has been used to combat curses and spells.
- Folk Names: Camomyle, Chamaimelon, Ground Apple, Heermannchen (German), Manzanilla (Spanish), Maythen, Whig Plant
- Gender: Masculine
- Planet: Sunn
- Element: Water
- Powers: Money, Sleep, Love, Purification
- Magical Uses:
- Chamomile is used to attract money, and a handwash of the infusion is sometimes used by gamblers to ensure winnings.
- It is used in sleep and meditation incenses, and the infusion is also added to the bath to attract love.
- It is also a purificatory and protective herb. When sprinkled around the property, it removes curses and spells cast against you.
Now you know! Personally, I don’t consider the origins of the flower I just speak to the flower itself and consider the overall value chamomile brings into my magical practices.
Also, I can personally attest to the power camomile has on relaxing me at the end of the day. A cup of this tea doesn’t knock me out cold (it’s not a sleeping tablet), but it does relax my body, and therefore, as a result, helps me relax my very busy mind.
If you have chamomile flowers in your witches herb cupboard, put 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon into a teabag and allowed to steep for five minutes before drinking. Or, I always have a store bought tea bag ready to go at a moments notice if I’m feeling tired and can’t be bothered to make my own herbal concoction.
I might also add a little vervain to the bag, but not too much. Vervain Is also wonderful to help you naturally relax before sleep.
If I am far too excited before bed and I’ve tried the above, or if I’m getting on a plane for a long trip, I’ll take a melatonin tablet, which sometimes can contain chamomile or vervain or both. Also, the melatonin tablets are fabulous for recovering from jetlag!
Basic Botanicals of Love
Although there are many plants associated with love and romance, the following have all earned a powerful reputation as love-drawing botanicals. In combination, they’re even more potent. Incorporate them into your spells as inspired: basil, carrots, catnip, chamomile, cardamom, coriander, cubeb, gardenia, grains of paradise, hibiscus, hyacinth, iris, jasmine, lady’s mantle, lavender, lovage, mint, onion, orchid, poppy, rose, rosemary, Saint John’s Wort, southernwood, strawberries, thyme, tormentil, vervain.
Surround your home with one or more of these living plants as an open invitation to true love.
Basic Botanicals of Love Candle Spell (1)
1. Select basic botanicals of love from the list above that please you.
2. Choose a pink, red, yellow, or orange candle (chime or taper candles are perfect).
3. Hollow out the base and pack it full of botanicals. Alternatively, you could dress the candle with love oil, and roll the candle in the herb before placing it on a secure base.
4. Burn the candle.
Basic Money Botanicals
Similar to what is recommended above with the love botanical herbs, the following botanicals radiate wealth- and money-drawing properties. You will find most of these herbs here in the store for purchase, but otherwise many of these herbs you should have in your own kitchen cupboard.
Incorporate them into spells as desired: alfalfa, avocado, basil, cabbage, chamomile, chervil, clover, coriander, dill, five-finger grass (cinquefoil), lettuce, mint, nasturtium, oakmoss, parsley, poppies, and vervain.
Basic Money Botanicals Candle
- Hold a green candle in your hands and charge it with your desire.
- Hollow out its base, pack it full of basic money botanicals. Alternatively, you could dress the candle with a money oil, and roll the candle in the herb before placing it on a secure base.
- Burn the candle
Money Drawing Powder
Use chamomile to make this fabulous money drawing powder, which you can use to dress your money before handing it out to others, and keeping it in your wallet. You can other wise dress business documents and anything else that will attract money or wealth your way with this powder.
Grind and powder the following:
- Calendula blossoms
- Chamomile blossoms
- Cinquefoil (five-finger grass)
Chamomile use in the Dark Arts
Chamomile can be taken as a tea to act as a relaxant in psychic work. For psychic work, infuse with the elements of water, and quintessence when the Moon is full. (See my note above about preparing chamomile before sleep.)
It can also be used in sachets and pillows for psychic dreams and the prevention of nightmares.
It is a good herb for bathing before rituals or to relax after rituals.
- A carpet of chamomile planted over a grave encourages the dead to sleep and also eases their passage to the next realm.
- Burning chamomile can promote fertility Magic When You Need It By Judika Illes pg 233
- Sprinkle chamomile around the perimeter of your home and property to break spells against you.
- Hang bunches of chamomile over the baby’s crib for magical protection.
- Warm essential oils of cedarwood, chamomile, and juniper in an aroma burner. Inhale deeply to encourage longevity.
Buy Chamomile in Store
Herbs, Oils, Stones for Protection