HEART CHAKRA – the 4th Chakra – Love, Forgiveness, Joy, Hope
Aspects of the Heart Chakra:
- Love and unconditional love
- Grief and anger; resentment
- Emotional security
Location: Center of the chest over the heart
Color Associations: Pink and Green
Heart Chakra Key Stones:
- Moss Agate: nurtures and fosters growth; good for new beginnings and for healing in nature.
- Emerald: encourages harmony, domestic bliss and unity; supports balanced partnerships and helps access the spiritual aspects of love, sensitivity and loyalty.
- Malachite: promotes fidelity and loyalty and brings harmony; balances the Heart Chakra and is a powerful physical healer.
- Ruby: opens and activates the Heart Chakra; brings bliss and protects against loss of energy.
Other stones good for the Heart Chakra:
- Rhodochrosite: love and balance; gentle and fast emotional balancer; promotes deep breathing to ease anxiety.
- Green Calcite: eases old limiting beliefs.
- Rhodonite: another stone of love, encourages patience with others; calming and great for friendship, helps to ground love so as you’re pouring into yourself as well as others.
- Morganite: brings love into your life; gentle sweet love.
- Kunzite: loving thoughts and communication; connects to the infinite source of love.
- Watermelon Tourmaline: opens one to accept love and brings balance to the Heart Chakra.
- Green Tourmaline: opens heart; promotes compassion, tenderness, joy of life.
- Amazonite: opens heart; soothes emotional trauma; promotes loving communication.
- Chrysoprase: encourages fidelity; energizes the heart; brings love energy into the physical body.
- Malachite: helps to ease overwhelm.
Ruby: for when you can spoil yourself, nothing beats a real ruby, worn as jewelry. Ruby is deemed to be the most precious of gemstones by the Bible and the ancient Sanskrit writings.
Ruby is believed to promote loving, nurturing, health, knowledge, and wealth. It has been associated with improved energy and concentration, creativity, loyalty, honor, and compassion. Ruby is thought to be protective of home, possessions, and family. When rubbed on the skin, they were also thought to restore youth and vitality.
Ruby is said to shielding against psychic attacks.
Emotionally, it is believed that rubies improve motivation and the setting of goals. They promote positive dreams and clear visualization and aid in retaining wealth and passion. They bring up negative anger in order for change and removal. They also promote dynamic leadership. They bring a positive and courageous state of mind- one that is sharp, hyper-aware and concentrated. They make you stronger during times of controversy or dispute and shield against physical attack. A ruby is also said to be a settler of disputes, having the power of reconciliation (1).