Witches are attuned to nature. They incorporate herbs and roots into their magic through teas, potions, and tinctures. Tea transcends all traditions. The Chinese are known for using teas to treat illness and for other magickal purposes. You don’t have to be a Green Witch, Kitchen Witch, or Hedge Witch to use tea in your practice. Anyone with a basic understanding of how to blend teas can incorporate this magick into their daily life.
As a witch, you must know that plants have energy in them, which can be transferred when we use them. Herbal tea nourishes the body, heals the soul, and calms the mind. Teas have over 300 medicinal properties, and it is commonly used during meditation.
How to Make Magickal Teas
Magickal teas are prepared with a focused intention. They can be made with fresh or dried herbs. There are several recipes of herbal tea that can be used for a different purpose. My favorite tea recipes are Cinnamon, Clove, and Cardamom. Below are examples of tea recipes that can add a magickal spark to your life.
- ½ Teaspoon basil
- 1 Teaspoon mint
- 1 Teaspoon sage
- 1 Teaspoon nettle
How to Prepare
- Add the herbs into your cup.
- Pour hot water over them.
- Steep for some minutes and as they steep, state your intention.
You can say:
“Pure of heart and soul and mind. My will be clear and peace I’ll find.”
- Drink the tea slowly while meditating on your intention.
Emotional Healing Tea
- ½ Teaspoon basil
- 1 Teaspoon thyme
- 1 Teaspoon rosemary
- Mix the ingredients together and pour hot water over them.
- Steep for some minutes.
- Inhale the aroma and let the scent refresh you.
- Drink the tea slowly while visualizing an influx of energy into you.
Love Potion Tea
For best results, brew this tea on a waxing moon and on a Friday.
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 2 or 3 whole cloves
- 3 pinches thyme
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 6 fresh rose petals
- 1 large piece of lemon peel
- 3 cups pure spring water
- Add all the ingredients in a consecrated tea kettle.
- Pour hot spring water over it.
- Let it steep for some minutes, then add a teaspoon of honey.
- Before drinking, think of the individual you wish to attract with this tea spell.
By the light of the moon, I brew this tea.
So that……… (mention the person’s name) may desire me.”
Drink some and say,
By the light of the moon, now hear my plea.
Let ……………..(mention the person’s name) desire me.”
On the next Friday, brew another pot of the love potion tea and give some to your target. Ensure he/she drinks at least a cup. After this spell, you should see results within a week.
It helps to unlock your third eye and enhance your psychic abilities.
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh yarrow
- 1 tsp dried mugwort
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Blossom honey
- 1 ¼ cups of spring water
- Put all the ingredients into a ceramic or glass container.
- Pour boiling water over it and steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the honey to sweeten the tea.
- Before drinking the tea, say a prayer. You can say:
“Goddess give me the visions.
Open my eye to see,
Produce the answers and show them to me.”
Do not take this tea if you are pregnant.
Cinnamon Money Tea
They say that money doesn’t grow on trees but did you know that you can attract money just by drinking a cup of Cinnamon Money Tea?
This tea can be used to draw money and attract customers to your businesses or work.
- 1 cup of any tea (you can choose green tea.)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (any variety)
- 1 teaspoon honey ( honey does draw in prosperity)
Mix all of the ingredients while repeating your intention.
You can say something like:
“This tea will draw money to my business.”
Other Magickal Herbal Tea
- Rosemary tea can be used to promote prosperity in your life.
- Peppermint tea can be used to attract money and love.
- Mugwort tea enhances lucid dreaming and astral projection abilities.
- Wormwood tea connects the individual with the spirit world.
- Lemon tea can lengthen your life and cleanse the aura.
- Drink blueberry tea on a full moon to cleanse your aura.
- Hyssop tea will help you relieve anxiety, stress, and promote a sense of calm.
While performing a tea ritual, avoid any form of distraction and let your attention be focused on the task at hand.
To add more magick to the ritual, while waiting for the water to boil, draw a symbol that relates to your intention. For instance, if you are preparing the tea to attract love, you can draw a rune for love. While the tea is steeping, say your prayers. Then stir in a clockwise direction if your intention is to move something forward. Stir counter-clockwise if your goal is to reverse something.
Once the tea is ready, drink it consciously and slowly. Enjoy its flavor, consistency, and temperature. For excellent results, always drink magickal teas while visualizing and meditating on your intention.
Finally, before drinking any herbal tea, ensure that you know exactly what you are taking. Also, consult your doctor for guidance. In summary, the success of every tea ritual is dependent on the state of your mind, so if you believe that it would work for you, then it would.
Please check out some of our already made tea recipes below:
- https:// com/ tea-spell-recipes/
- https:// eclecti cwitchcraft. com/12-money-spells-that-work-attract-wealth-with-witchcra