The Waning Moon Phase is the perfect time to let go, slow down and take a break from everything that brings us pain. It is a time to focus on the things that you don’t want to grow. The waning moon is a time to cleanse all unwanted old things and prepare for a new beginning.
The best colors of candles to be used during this phase include; Black, Blue, Purple, Grey, Silver, and White. There are some crystals that are very powerful during the Waning Moon Phase. They include; Citrine, Clear Quartz and the Bloodstone.
Below are some rituals that can be performed when the Moon is in its Waning Phase.
Waning Moon Banishing Spell:
- Fireproof Bowl
- Matches or a lighter
- Make a list of all the things you wish to banish from your life.
- Read through your list and focus your intention on banishing those things listed.
- Light the paper on fire then drop it into the bowl.
- As the paper burns, imagine that all the negativities are leaving your life.
- Meditate strongly on your intention for some minutes.
- After everything has burnt, take the ashes and bury them in the ground.
Waning Moon Ritual To Attract Money
- 1 dark green candle or a golden candle.
- A glass of water,
- A pinch or a handful of sea salt.
- 7 golden coins.
- Patchouli or orange incense (If you cannot get these incense fragrances, you can burn a small charcoal and put small pieces of dehydrated orange peels on the hot red charcoal).
- Light the incense before starting the ritual.
- Hold the candle in your hand, and while looking at the waning moon, meditate on your intention.
- Imagine that money has come to you in abundance and send your thoughts to the moon Goddess.
- Light the candle with wooden matches and place it in a candle holder close to the glass of water.
- Pour a pinch of salt into the glass of water.
- Add the coins one by one into the glass of water and recite the following:
With each currency that I introduce I give the best of me. By the power of light and the golden color, I summon those who know that I deserve prosperity. Let wealth come to me! I promise to be committed to using it for good. I ask this in harmony for everyone, under Divine grace and in a perfect way. So be it.
At the end of the ritual, turn off the candle but don’t blow it out. Leave the glass of water with the seven coins for seven nights then you can repeat the ritual again.
Waning Moon Protection Ritual
- 2 white candles
- Fresh rosemary
- Cloves of garlic (1 for each room of your house)
- Holy water of church
- coarse sea salt
Place the two candles together. Light each of them and make a circle of rosemary.
Add drops of holy water on that circle of rosemary and while making the request recite:
“May this Rosemary protect me and the Holy water cleanse me. Let all the bad things come out of my life and let the positive things come in. ”
Repeat those lines while completing the circle.
Place the garlic cloves inside the circle. Cast sea salt on the circle of rosemary and holy water. Make the following request:
“May this salt protect me and cleanse me of all evil that wants to stalk me.” You repeat it while you complete the circle.
Allow the candles to burn completely then discard the remnants far away from home. For the garlic cloves, place each in a hidden spot in the house. Remember to change them every year to maintain protection.
Waning Moon Oil Recipe
To enhance your self-reflection and awareness, you will need to prepare the Waning Moon oil recipe.
- 3 drops marjoram essential oil
- 2 drop petitgrain essential oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops bay laurel essential oil
How to Use:
Mix the oil together then you can either burn it or add it to a base oil such as grapeseed oil or sweet almond oil. After blending, you can add the mixture to your bath water or find out from your supplier if the oil can be used on the skin or inhaled.